X- Roads of the Rockies August 19-20 2017
Through the Rockies, Not Around Them
2 Days of Epic Dual Sport riding around the Headwaters of the Arkansas, Rio Grande and Colorado Rivers
• For 2017 Exit Tours Motorcycle Club X-Roads of the Rockies Dual Sport ride is shared group expense and Membership is included with your entry.
• There is no qualifying or probation period to become an Exit Tours Motorcycle Club member and there are no required meetings or work days associated with your membership, just join and ride!
• Sign-Up is Open – The Ride will not be over-prescribed. We will update the website when the ride is Full.
• This ride has amenities available, such as meals, parking/meeting arrangements, camping, and fuel transport. The cost for these amenities is paid by Exit Tours M/C for the whole group, the expenses are averaged out per rider based on projected attendance, and payable when you sign-up for a ride.
• Selecting these amenities is optional and their cost should not be considered payment for the ride, but for the amenities with the ride.
• Expense averaged group cost for this ride on August 19-20th includes 2 days of roll charts and GPS Tracks, 1 Dinner, snacks and water on the trail on private property, 4 nights camping included, and over 250 miles of epic Dual Sport in the Rocky Mountains riding you can’t follow on a map. Breakfasts available and Free coffee at the Fairgrounds. Snacks and water on private property on the trail included in the shared group expense on Saturday and Sunday.
X- ROADS OF THE ROCKIES DUAL SPORT RIDE AUGUST 19-20 2017
$180.00 + Fees
• We have reserved the Fairgrounds from Friday August 18th until Tuesday August 22nd so you may arrive early and stay late if you wish.
• The ride starts and finishes at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds, 10165 C.R. 120, Salida, Colorado, 81201.
• The Chaffee County Fairgrounds are located 5 miles Southwest of downtown Salida. Northeast of the Hwy 50 and Hwy 285 intersection at Poncha Springs, 3.0 hours Southwest of Denver. 100 miles West from Colorado Springs.
• This ride includes a Catered Dinner Saturday night dinner and 4 nights camping, roll charts and outriders over some of Colorado’s finest 2 track, trails and rock gardens.
• This is not a guided ride, and not a ride for novices. In fact, if you’re not an experienced rider this may not be the ride for you. We recommend a street legal dirt bike and all terrain rear tire or Hybrid Trials tire for the terrain the route charts cover.
• We are limiting this Dual Sport ride to 75 riders so as to keep with USFS Guidelines, keep the groups manageable and so we can all have an enjoyable experience without a large crowd.
• We recommend leaving early and keeping stops to a minimum. You leave when you wish, ride at your own pace, and we do not ride in large groups. We also highly recommend you come with a friend and be responsible for each other all through the day.
• Larger over 600cc Dual sport or Factory Dual sport Motorcycles are suitable for the routes. Routes should be negotiable by competent riders on over 600cc or factory Dual Sport models. Though we discourage KLR 650s or Adventure bikes.
• Day 1 will cover 100 miles of challenging 2 track terrain with Less than 15% pavement. Be prepared for a few rocks. Elevations up to 12,000 feet. 1 gas stop on the route and snacks and water will be provided at the Gas Stop.
• Day 2 will take you on 2 track and dirt roads, past old mines and up and over the divide to the opposite side of the mountains you rode the previous day.
• The Day 2 route will be approximately 140 miles at elevations from 8,000 to over 12,000 feet above sea level. This year the Loop will include some challenging fun Singletrack and steeper hills than previous years. 2 possible Gas stops at Gas Stations, snacks and water at the fuel stops.
• Rocks, uphill’s, challenging downhills, 2 track, singletrack, old mines and outstanding vistas are just a few of the caveats on this ride over the Continental Divide.
X- Roads of the Rockies Dual Sport Ride. August 19-20 2017.
August 18-22 2017 - Chaffee County Fairgrounds, Salida, CO.
Our goal is to promote our sport.