X- Roads of the Rockies August 18-19 2018
Through the Rockies, Not Around Them
2 Days of Epic Dual Sport riding around the Headwaters of the Arkansas, Rio Grande and Colorado River
• Sign-Up is Open – The Ride will not be over-prescribed. We will update the website when the ride is Full.
• This ride has amenities available, such as meals, parking/meeting arrangements, camping, and fuel transport. The cost for these amenities is paid by Exit Tours M/C for the whole group, the expenses are averaged out per rider based on projected attendance, and payable when you sign-up for a ride.
• Selecting these amenities is optional and their cost should not be considered payment for the ride, but for the amenities with the ride.
• For 2018 Exit Tours Motorcycle Club X-Roads of the Rockies Dual Sport ride is shared group expense and Club Membership is included with your entry.
• There is no qualifying or probation period to become an Exit Tours Motorcycle Club member and there are no required meetings or work days associated with your membership, just join and ride!
• Expense averaged group cost for this ride on August 18-19th includes 2 days of roll charts and GPS Tracks, 1 Dinner Friday Evening , Sunday Lunch & beverages and fuel on the trail in a remote location. 4 nights camping included, and over 250 miles of epic Dual Sport in the Rocky Mountains riding you can’t follow on a map. Breakfasts available and Free coffee at the Fairgrounds both mornings. RV hook-ups are available but not included.
X- ROADS OF THE ROCKIES DUAL SPORT RIDE AUGUST 18-19 2018
• We have reserved the Fairgrounds from Friday August 17th through Monday August 20th so you may arrive early and stay late if you wish.
• The ride starts and finishes at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds, 10165 C.R. 120, Salida, Colorado, 81201.
• This is not a guided ride, and not a ride for novices. In fact, if you’re not an experienced rider this may not be the ride for you. We recommend a street legal dirt bike or Dual Sport Motorcycle, a front knobby and a Hybrid Trials rear tire for the terrain the routes cover.
• We are limiting this Dual Sport ride to 75 riders so as to keep with USFS Guidelines, keep the groups manageable and so we can all have an enjoyable experience without a large crowd.
• Friday we will have maps and GPS Tracks to high altitude Alpine Lakes you can do a warm up ride to if your Jonesing to ride. You may Fish if you wish (Fishing license recommended).
• Saturday and Sunday we recommend leaving early and keeping stops to a minimum. You leave when you wish, ride at your own pace, and we do not ride in large groups. We also highly recommend you come with a friend and be responsible for each other all through the day.
• Riders meeting at 7 and 8 am Both mornings. You should be on the trail by 9 am both Saturday and Sunday.
• Larger over 600cc Dual sport or Factory Dual sport Motorcycles are suitable for the routes. Routes should be negotiable by competent riders on over 600cc or factory Dual Sport models. Though we discourage KLR 650s or Adventure bikes.
• Day 1 will cover 125 miles of challenging 2 track terrain, with less than 15% pavement. Some singletrack available. Be prepared for a few rocks. Elevations up to 12,000 feet. 2 gas stops on the route and meals will be available for purchase at the Fuel stops.
• Day 2 will take you on 2 track and dirt roads, past old mines and up and over the divide on the opposite side of the mountains you rode the previous day.
• The Day 2 route will be approximately 140 miles at elevations from 7,000 to 12,000 feet above sea level. The Loop will include some challenging fun Singletrack and steeper hills than previous years. 1 remote alternate Gas stop and 1 Gas stop at Lunch where we will portage your fuel can. Lunch and snacks & beverages at the fuel stop on Sunday.
• Rocks, uphill’s, challenging downhills, 2 track, singletrack, old mines and outstanding vistas are just a few of the caveats on this ride over the Continental Divide.
• Monday we will head out on a fun 75 mile singletrack ride if your game.
• Friday you could ride to High Alpine Lakes if your game.
X- Roads of the Rockies Dual Sport Ride. August 18-19 2018.
Chaffee County Fairgrounds, Salida, CO.
Our goal is to promote our sport.