• Have you ever wanted to ride motorcycles in Colorado and the Rocky Mountains?
• But don’t know where to ride?
• Or stay, eat or get fuel?
• Or you just want to ride somewhere different?
• Or want to ride trails & Mountain Passes you’ve only heard about?
• We may have the answer.
Our club’s Dual Sport Rides are dirt-oriented;
• Our rides vary in elevation
• Types of trails
• Often cover long distances with a roll-chart and/or GPS
• We have planned lodging or camping; meals and fuel stops that make a Rocky Mountain riding adventure stress free.
For 2017 Exit Tours Motorcycle Club will be hosting the X-Roads of the Rockies Dual Sport ride at the crossroads of the Rockies August 19-20th at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds. We have reserved the Fairgrounds From Friday August 18th until Tuesday August 22nd so you may arrive early and stay late if you wish.
• Our concept for these adventures was to make these rides accessible to everybody.
• These are not the exclusive Colorado rides you’ve heard about where you need an invitation.
• This ride cost is much less than the ‘exclusive’ rides in Colorado.
We use a “High Adventure, No Hassle approach where you can share the experience with like-minded enthusiasts”.
• Please see ‘Overview’ and ‘FAQ’ for a more detailed analysis of the 2017 X- Roads of the Rockies Dual Sport Ride in the Rocky Mountains.
• Our rides cover Routes you can’t put together on a map, and if you could, you couldn’t follow the map.
• Trail markings in the Rocky Mountains are, even in designated riding areas, often missing, non-existent, outdated, misplaced or confusing.
• Riding with an Exit Tours Roll-Chart and/or GPS Track you can spend your day riding, not wondering which way to turn or where you are, with no worry about running out of fuel or where to eat.
• Exit Tours rides make riding in the Rocky Mountains safe and more fun!
Background on Salida- Buena Vista - Crossroads of the Rockies
• There are more 14,000 Thousand foot peaks (14teeners) in Chaffee County than any other County in North America.
• The Heart of the Rockies are at the Headwaters of the Arkansas, Rio Grande and Colorado Rivers. Chaffee county contains 2 scenic mining and old Railroad towns, Salida & Buena Vista. Both of which have a thriving summer time rafting economy on the Arkansas River.
• 3 National Forests and 3 Colorado counties converge on the Continental Divide above Salida.
• This area is virtually unknown to the public.
• The Continental Divide Trail (CDT) at Monarch Pass is the only section of the CDT open to Motorcycles. The CDT spans the entire Continental Divide from Canada to Mexico.
• There are 100s of miles of challenging Singletrack in the vicinity. Malcolm Smith has a house in Buena Vista. These 3 National Forests were Malcolm’s ‘Secret’ riding area for years.
• There are 1000s of miles of 2 track. Multiple mountain passes.
EVENT LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS:
The ride starts and finishes at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds, 10165 C.R. 120, Salida, Colorado, 81201.
The Chaffee County Fairgrounds are located 5 miles Southwest of downtown Salida. Northeast of the Hwy 50 and Hwy 285 intersection at Poncha Springs, 3.0 hours Southwest of Denver. 100 miles West from Colorado Springs.